Friday, March 23, 2012

Birthday #22


Thank you, thank you to all of you who made this past birthday week so special. I think birthdays always bring a really powerful reminder of gratitude for the community God has given.

I'm not the best at photo evidence but glad that others are more faithful in this then me :)

Thursday night, I received a care package from my dad, Dundee & Fy. Loving the glasses especially. :)


Saturday I spent the morning with our leadership team in Detroit at Heidelberg and Wayne State, reminding me how much I love just exploring, people watching, and learning about new things and places. Below some pictures from Heidelberg Project...


Then, I headed back to Ann Arbor where some members of IMAX surprised me with cupcake and flowers. :)
Sugy, Claire, Phil, Marla & Joohee, who was faithfully taking the picture!


After, my mom came and we had a really good time just enjoying the nice weather, eating Indian food at my favorite warm-weather Indian restaurant, Raja Rani (Probably odd to most, but I have a favorite for every weather here in Ann Arbor...), getting bubble tea, and reading our BRP's together. I'm thankful everyday to have a mom I can call both my best friend and a sister in Christ.

Sunday night, I went to dinner with Carol and Shelby at Haifa Falafel. I'm thankful for friends I've been through thick and thin together over these past four years. It was 100% God's grace that we met that first night of college.

Wednesday night IMAX surprised me again with cake and adorable folder card (see pics below!)


There are few things that can replace that feeling of true surprise...especially the truth of the Good News which every once in a while just hits me anew and surprises me again with how good it is and how alive it comes through experiences. This 21st year has been unprecedented in the amount of surprises of God's faithfulness in the midst of my unfaithfulness, doubt, brokenness. I know 100% a life without Him is meaningless and praying that not a day will go by this year where I am numb to the power of the Gospel truth.

Thursday night I celebrated with Esther at Melting Pot. Thank you God for providing a mentor so persistent and passionate in the truth!

Not from Thursday but recent enough...


Looking forward to all that God has in store for 2012!

"Two things I ask of you;
do not deny them to me before I die:
Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that I need,
or I shall be full, and deny you,
and say, 'Who is the LORD?'"
-Proverbs 30:7-9


4 comments:

Andrew D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew D said...

so awesome to celebrate with you the morning of your birthday! :D

i like people-watching and hearing people's stories too! i started a blog that i hope to populate with some stories i've gathered from detroit!

facesofdetroit.ajdarm.com

the one when we visited the heidelberg project is here.

Elizabeth said...

dang! this is so awesome andrew!! looking forward to seeing how it continues to evolve :)

bunny rabbit said...

Lizz Martin!

No tengo ni idea por que yo nunca comento en tu blog until now. I've been reading along and loooove your posts. This one was cute. You are adorable. Keep posting, chica! :)