Monday, August 20, 2007

Pray

My grandpa's tucking in at our house tonight in preparation for a 5-6 hour session at Covenant tomorrow and the next few days also. The procedure is meant to measure fluid levels in his brain, which if at a certain level may be adding to his memory loss. If they do detect raised levels, a surgery can put in a stint that will keep them closer to desired levels. I'm hoping it goes well. It's just another step along the way I suppose. We're doing our best to keep him at comfort though.

I haven't heard any updates by way of Virginia folks. The last I heard was that my aunt didn't end up having the surgery but that it may be postponed for another day. With her discontinued insurance though, and some fairly low spirits, I think she can use all the prayer she can get.

I'm also centering my prayers on the family of Alyssa Grant this week. She was one of the youth to come to our Conference Youth Assembly just a few weeks ago, and I received an email that her father passed away after a massive heart attack. I can't imagine what her family is going through right now. May he rest in peace and may some peace be granted to her family as they struggle through this.

No comments: